I am currently a fifth year Ph.D. student in Computer Vision at UIUC, working with Prof. Derek Hoiem.
I was a summer intern student at University of California, Los Angeles in 2013, working with Prof. Alan Yuille on 3D scene estimation. I interned at Google DayDream (summer 2015), Adobe Research (summer 2016), Zillow 3D vision team (summer 2017) and Nvidia Research (summer 2018).
Before joining UIUC in August 2014, I received my B.S. degree of Computer Science in Zhejiang University, China. During then I worked as a research intern in State Key Laboratory of CAD & CG, under the supervision of Prof. Deng Cai.
See my curriculum vitae here - [PDF]. [Google Scholar].
- Chuhang Zou, Alex Colburn, Qi Shan, Derek Hoiem. LayoutNet: Reconstructing the 3D Room Layout from a Single RGB Image, CVPR 2018. [preprint][arXiv][code]
Media: The 10 coolest papers from CVPR 2018 (Towards Data Science) , Naver Labs Europe Blog, Chinese translation (Jiqizhixin), Japanese (Seamless), YouTube Intro (third party).
- Chuhang Zou, Ruiqi Guo, Zhizhong Li, Derek Hoiem. Complete 3D Scene Parsing from an RGBD image, International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), 2018. [preprint][arXiv][data to be released]
- Chuhang Zou, Ersin Yumer, Jimei Yang, Duygu Ceylan, Derek Hoiem. 3D-PRNN: Generating Shape Primitives with Recurrent Neural Networks, ICCV 2017. [preprint][arXiv][code][data]
- Ruiqi Guo, Chuhang Zou, Derek Hoiem. Predicting Complete 3D Models of Indoor Scene, arxiv 2015. [arXiv]
- Chuhang Zou, Yao Hu, Deng Cai, Xiaofei He. Salient Object Detection via Fast Iterative Truncated Nuclear Norm Recovery. International Conference on Intelligence Science and Big Data Engineering (ISCIDE) 2013. (Full Oral) [PDF]
- Xiaojun Ding, Chuhang Zou, Jingyu Chen, Fengyuan Zou. Extraction and Classification of She Nationality Clothing via Visual Features. Textile Research Journal, 2015. [PDF]
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 2014.8 - present
- Ph.D., Computer Science
- Advisor: Prof. Derek Hoiem
Zhejiang University, China, 2010.9 - 2014.6
- B.S., Computer Science
- Honored Minor: Advanced Honor Class of Engineering Education (ACEE), Chu-Kechen College
- Advisor: Prof. Deng Cai
- GPA: 3.94/4.0, 90/100, Rank 3/170
University of California, Los Angeles, 2013.7 - 2013.9
- Co-organizer of the CVPR'19 workshop: 3D Scene Understanding for Vision, Graphics and Robotics
- Program Committee member: ACMMM 2019, AAAI 2019, IJCAI-ECAI 2018 & 2019
- Conference Reviewer: SIGGRAPH 2019, CVPR 2019, ICCV 2019, NeurIPS 2019 & 2018, ICML 2019
- Journal Reviewer: International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), Computer Graphics Forum, Computers & Graphics (CG), Image and Vision Computing Journal (IVCJ)
- Student participant of CVPR'19 doctoral consortium
- Student Volunteer, the 18th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, 2012
- National Scholarship in China (1.5%), 2011
- Baosteel Special Scholarship (Rank 2 among the 50 award-winning undergraduate and graduate students in China), 2013
- Ten Top Students in Zhejiang University (Among the 10 award-winning top students with academic and leadership selected from 40,000 graduates and undergraduates in Zhejiang University), 2013
- He Zhijun Scholarship (1/370+), Highest Honor in College of Computer Science, Zhejiang University, 2014
- Chu-Kechen College Special Honor (Top 14 among over 300 best undergraduates in Zhejiang University), 2014
- Top 100 thesis award, Zhejiang University, 2014
- Undergraduate Representative & Judge, the 4th Xinping Grants, Zhejiang University, 2014.02 - 2014.06
- President, News Network Center of the College of Computer Science & Technology, 2011.11 - 2012.07
- Vice President, Student Reporters Mission of Zhejiang University Newspaper, 2011.09 - 2012.07
I started learning Taekwondo since childhood and I'm now a black belt holder.
Last Modified: Match 2019